- Trains. NJ Transit Montclair-Boonton Line with MIDTOWN DIRECT service to New York. Local stations include Mount Olive and Netcong.
- Shuttle. Free shuttle to nearby hotels/motels, shopping, hospitals, and train stations provided by Morris on the Move. For more information, call (973) 829-8101 or see https://transportation.morriscountynj.gov/.
- International Trade Center (ITC) is home to Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Old Navy, Pier One, Babies R Us, Famous Footwear, PetSmart, and much more. Also included are many family-friendly restaurants such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Longhorn Steakhouse, Wendy’s, McDonalds, and Panera Bread.
- Shoprite Food Stores/Pharmacies
- CVS Pharmacy
- Rockaway Townsquare® Mall is located at 301 Mount Hope Ave. in nearby Rockaway, NJ. Click here for more information.
There are three public schools, one private school and post-secondary schools in Budd Lake, most rated very high. For more information about the schools here and in the surrounding areas, use the following resources:
- Mount Olive Township School District
- Area Vibes has more information on schools as well as population, home/rent prices, livability, crime, income and other demographics of Budd Lake, NJ.
Mount Olive Township Information
When you live in desirable Mount Olive, you’re part of a family. The township recreation department has so much to offer all members of the community—from kids to seniors. From cooking and painting classes to sports and exercise, there’s something for everyone. And there’s always something going on at Turkey Brook Park—from the Fairy & Pirate Festival to the Monster Mash, the Raiders of the Lost Park Mud Run, the Food Truck Festival, and many more. The highlight of our summers is the annual Mount Olive Carnival and fireworks show.
- Too many to list here, see Mt. Olive Recreation to learn more about our community activities and events.
- The Mount Olive Senior Center provides services and information for our senior (over 55) community members, many of them free. There are plenty of leisure and recreational activities to enhance the physical and social well-being of our seniors.
- Very near the Senior Center is the beautiful Mount Olive Public Library, and they, too, offer many services and events for both children and adults.
- Turkey Brook Park and Mount Playmore playground
- Pax Amicus Theatre
- Budd Lake and recreation area (swimming, fishing, & boating)